Director of Operations
Cityscapes Inc., the largest interior and exterior landscape company in the New England area, is accepting applications for a Director of Operations. The ideal candidate will possess leadership qualities that are manifested via taking the lead in managing all aspects of operations to meet objectives for growth and profitability.
Provides leadership for all areas of operations, and supervision to operations management staff, including installation, design/holiday, exterior, and warehouse.
- Maintains a positive work attitude by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to good interpersonal relations (e.g., helpful, courteous, pleasant) with customers, all public, co-workers and managers, in accordance with the spirit of Cityscapes’ mission
- Directs and oversees company operations, through all operational managers. Leads the design and implementation of operational policies, objectives, and initiatives. Evaluates current and proposed operational systems and procedures and implements changes as necessary. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the direct reports.
- Supervises direct reporting staff according to overall company policy which includes assisting in hiring and training new staff; setting associate goals and objectives; developing staff to maximize potential; and monitoring staff performance including performance reviews.
- Supervises operations management and supervisors, including setting performance goals, monitoring performance and conducting reviews.
- Manages staff training and personnel issues of warehouse staff.
- Maintains accurate and current knowledge of compliance issues for Cityscapes policies and OSHA regulations.
- Assists managers with implementation of effective training programs.
- Acts as liaison for warehouse inspections from OSHA.
- Provides feedback regarding sales and service department procedures to increase efficiency for entire company.
- Sits in on interviews whenever possible for staffing any sub-department within Operations
- Sets any additional guidelines for hiring Operations staff.
- Makes sure all managers are keeping their departments properly equipped.
- Implement department restructuring when needed.
- Confirms Operations Department has all information they need to do their jobs effectively communicates when they do not. Confirms operations staff is in turn providing necessary information to appropriate staff members.Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of experience in management
- At least three years of supervision experience
- Proficient verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical ability to gather and interpret information and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Extremely organized
- Effective communication and follow through a must!
College degree required.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; standing for long periods of time; stretching, bending, lifting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling. Medium to heavy physical requirements. The ability to remember information such as words, numbers, pictures, and procedures; to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences; to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand; and to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Job Type: Full-time